Company Philosophy and Statement
Sub-Terrain Directional Drilling Ltd. is a team of professional qualified operators who are supported by a committed team of field workers. Our office staff members are experienced, loyal and dedicated. Our philosophy is to be a safe, professional, reliable and efficient team that offers creative expertise. Let us be your solution specialist! We always ensure that the job is completed safely and efficiently, and our customers remain loyal and satisfied.
Organization and Structure
Sub-Terrain Directional Drilling’s administration is as follows:
- William Thorne – President
- Sandra Thorne – Vice-President
- Geoffrey Thorne – Project Manager & Estimating
Sub-Terrain Directional Drilling Ltd. hires highly skilled professionals who will safely complete your horizontal directional drilling (HDD) project with efficiency and excellence. Our senior field supervisor has over 20 years of experience in the HDD industry and has overseen the installation of hundreds of kilometres of pipe. Each employee goes through a rigorous screening process to ensure that they are competent and qualified to represent Sub-Terrain in a professional manner.
We believe that safety is #1 and enforce a strict ‘quality over quantity’ policy when it comes to hiring employees. We aim to be friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable, while keeping abreast of new developments in our field and continuously upgrading to new technology as needed. Sub-Terrain’s employees will implement the best service possible, assuring our customers that they will safely achieve their goals while increasing profitability.
Sub-Terrain Directional Drilling Ltd strives to minimize its impact on the biophysical environment. In fact, HDD is often the desired method with their infrastructure services due to its low environmental impact. We aim to continuously find new ways to reduce the quantity of inputs (material and energy) and negative outputs (emissions). At Sub-Terrain we are proud of our achievements in terms of our environmental footprint and consider them to be part of our commitment to excellence.
Sub-Terrain’s environmental policy calls for:
- Environmentally safe protocols for the workers and the public
- Operating procedures that maximize the use of benign processes while minimizing emissions associated with chemical use. The prevention of pollution guides all project decisions and will always be the preferred option
- Continual improvements in operations and emergency preparedness with increasing sensitivity to environmental issues
- Identifying relevant safety and environmental requirements that are consistently met
- The development of an environmental management system through which environmental goals, objectives and targets are established
Operating with minimal disruption to existing infrastructure and a commitment to both low environmental impact and client profitability makes Sub-Terrain an ideal choice for customers wishing to follow a triple bottom line (people, planet, profit) approach.